On Sept. 17, 2018, Univar announced its intention to acquire Nexeo Solutions, creating a combined company to drive growth and shareholder value with North America’s largest sales force, broadest product offering, and most efficient supply chain network in the industry.
On Mar. 1, 2019, the acquisition was completed, forming Univar Solutions, a global partner to our customers and suppliers for the value-added distribution of chemicals, ingredients, and related services.
On September 1, 2019, we successfully moved assets of Nexeo Solutions, LLC into Univar USA Inc., and the name of the combined entity reflects our new name Univar Solutions USA Inc. (Univar Solutions).
Below are answers to some common questions related to the acquisition:
1. WHAT DOES THIS MEAN FOR CUSTOMERS?
- Better positioned to be a collaborative partner and solutions provider: The combined company now has greater sales force coverage, the largest private transportation fleet in the industry, the broadest product offering, a vast supplier network, and – as we integrate our systems – we will be able to offer an improved customer service infrastructure. These capabilities will also be supported by unmatched expertise and industry-leading digital tools.
- Expanded suite of capabilities across any industry, geography, product, and service: We are ready to partner with you and offer smart solutions to solve your specific challenges.
- Business-as-usual in terms of our relationship: We remain fully committed to providing excellent service to all our customers. Your current points of contact and the way you do business with Univar and/or Nexeo remains the same, including our toll-free telephone numbers, tax identification numbers, and legal entity names and logos on existing payment processes, invoicing, or banking accounts. Our highest priority is meeting your needs and continuing to deliver the high quality products and service you expect.
2. WILL THIS IMPACT EXISTING CONTRACTS OR ORDERS?
- No. Existing contracts remain in place. There should be no interruptions with respect to your existing orders.
3. I HAVE A CONTRACT WITH BOTH UNIVAR AND NEXEO. WHAT HAPPENS NOW?
- At this time, you will maintain two separate contracts. We are committed to delivering a seamless experience for you during every phase of our integration and will communicate with you frequently over the coming weeks and months.
4. DO YOU STILL OFFER THE PRODUCTS AND SERVICES I PREVIOUSLY RECEIVED FROM UNIVAR?
- Yes, and we continue to provide these at the same top quality.
- We now have an expanded suite of capabilities and are ready to partner with you and offer smart solutions to solve your specific challenges—across any industry, geography, product, and service.
- Please let me know if you would like more information about any of these
5. WILL PRICING OF PRODUCTS AND SERVICES CHANGE AS A RESULT OF THE TRANSACTION?
- We have always focused on providing our customers the best possible value, and that will continue to be the case.
- There are no changes to pricing at this time.
6. WILL MY POINTS OF CONTACT CHANGE NOW?
- No. Your current points of contact remain the same.
7. WHERE IS THE NEW NAME AND BRANDING NOW VISIBLE? WILL THE BRANDING/NAMES OF ANY PRODUCTS OR SERVICES CHANGE?
- Our new name, Univar Solutions, and our logo is now visible on our new corporate website, as well as at select branches. You can also follow us on Twitter at @[UnivarSolutions].
- The new name and branding rollout will continue over the coming year as we prepare to update all external and internal facing aspects of the newly combined company.
- Product and service brands will remain the same for now. We will announce more details as they become available.
8. IS UNIVAR SWITCHING OVER TO NEXEO’S IT PLATFORM?
- Yes, eventually.
- For now, it is business as usual.
- We will communicate frequently over the coming weeks and months. We have a strong integration team in place working to ensure that we are fully prepared to deliver a seamless experience for all our valued customers.
9. WHERE CAN I ACCESS THE COMBINED COMPANY’S PRO FORMA FINANCIALS?
- These are available in our Form S-4 Registration Statement, which we publicly filed with the SEC on November 5, 2018.
10. WHO SHOULD I CALL WITH QUESTIONS?
- Please continue to communicate with your existing point of contact.
- We remain fully committed to providing excellent service to all our customers and delivering the high quality products and services you expect.
11. WHAT ARE YOU DOING TO ENSURE THERE WILL BE NO SERVICE INTERRUPTIONS?
- We have a strong integration team in place that has been working for several months to ensure that we are fully prepared to deliver a seamless experience for all our valued customers.
- We will communicate frequently over the coming weeks and months and encourage you to contact us with any questions or concerns.