The Verdad® portfolio of clean label preservatives offers functional replacements for chemical preservatives such as sodium benzoate and potassium sorbate.
Univar Solutions offers versatile food preservation solutions, including the Verdad® portfolio from Corbion, which includes clean label, natural, and organic options for a wide range of applications. These vinegars, ferments, and blends come in powder and liquid form. Our Application Development team has the experience and knowledge to help guide you to the right product or product combination for success with your current preservation challenges.
Remove chemical preservatives from your sauces, dressings, and condiments
Let Univar Solutions help you overcome the hurdles of removing chemical preservatives such as sodium benzoate and potassium sorbate from your sauces, dressings, condiments, spice blends, vegan meats, and more. The Verdad® portfolio of clean label vinegars, ferments, and blends offers effective natural preservation against bacteria, mold, and yeast. New products have recently been added to the portfolio to offer even cleaner flavor profiles so your product retains the same great taste, naturally. Our Application Development team of food scientists can help you choose the right product to successfully preserve and manage your flavor profile.
- Deli-style chilled salads, such as potato, pasta, and seafood
- Dips, including yogurt- and cream cheese-based
- Sauces, such as barbecue sauce, pasta sauce, and salsa
- Sour cream
- Salad dressings
Our Preservative Comparison Model can help you re-formulate faster
Our Application Development team has access to a Preservative Comparison Model that can speed up your R&D time by providing a product and usage level suggestion tailored specifically to your application. To take advantage of this proprietary tool and reduce your benchtop time, reach out to discuss the below with our food scientists:
- What is your current application, preservative(s), and usage level(s)?
- What is the pH, temperature, water activity level (Aw), and salt (Na) level?
- How is your product processed?
- What bacteria/mold/yeast are you trying to prevent in your application?
- Do you have a preferred ingredient(s) to list on your new label (e.g. cultured sugar, vinegar, and/or natural flavor)?