We can't find any products that match your criteria. Try adjusting your search or filters.
Industrial optimization and power
From reducing melting temperatures in fiberglass production to inhibiting corrosion in fuel additives, boric acid has a multitude of uses in numerous industries.
- Theoretically composed of boric oxide and water. This is available as granules or a powder, both of which are stable under normal conditions, free-flowing, and easily handled by means of air or mechanical conveying. In solution, the product is mildly acidic.
- Both a flux and a network former
- In combination with a sodium borate, boric acid can be used to adjust the sodium-to-boron ratio in glasses which require low sodium levels
- Changes the oxidation reactions and promotes the formation of char, thereby inhibiting combustion in cellulose materials
- Highly effective absorber of thermal neutrons
- Prevents metal surface oxidation in welding, brazing, and soldering
- Greatly improves the tack and green strength of starch adhesives by cross-linking conjugated hydroxyl groups
- Can be incorporated in aqueous and non-aqueous systems for corrosion inhibition, lubrication, or thermal oxidative stabilization
- Boric acid technical granular (TG) is approved for use in organic farming
Questions on this product?
We’re here to help answer any questions you might have. Contact us and we’ll get back to you as soon as possible.