Alfol® C6 – C20+ Synthetic Alcohols
Univar Solutions offers Alfol alcohol homologs
Alfol alcohol homologs exhibit very high purity and linearity, making them ideally suited as reagents and intermediates for the manufacturing of many derivatives including ethoxylates, esters, amines, acetals, thiols, aldehydes, phthalates, and acrylates and used directly in numerous applications.
Through our expanded relationship with Sasol, we offer the complete line of Alfol alcohols. These domestically manufactured, petrochemical-based primary alcohol homologs from the Ziegler process have even number carbon chains that range from C6 to C20+. As a result, Alfol alcohol derivatives are biodegradable and are physically and chemically equivalent to alcohols made from such oleochemical sources as coconut oil and palm kernel oil. Alfol alcohols are available in various purities, as well as blends and single cuts.
Alfol alcohols undergo all the chemical reactions typical of primary alcohols. These include esterifications, ethoxylation, sulfation, oxidation, and many others. Consistently, high product yields are obtained with the Alfol alcohols due to their purity and linearity.
These versatile alcohols can be used in plastic additives, cosmetics, pharmaceuticals, water evaporation retardants, defoamers for the paper industry, pour point depressants for crude oil, additives for the leather and textiles industries, flotation aid, detergents and cleaners, metal processing, agrochemicals, flavors, fragrances, paints, inks, coatings, and adhesives.
|Cosmetics and pharmaceuticals|
|Detergents and cleaners|
|Paints, inks, coatings, adhesives|
|Additives for leather and textiles|
Univar Solutions is the premier global distributor
- Vast network of 120+ wholly owned facilities in North America, with bulk tank, rail car, blending, and packaging infrastructure supplying over 9,000 products and chemistries
- Efficient private fleet with dedicated drivers servicing local regions
- Partnership with world-class suppliers offering various manufacturing sites and production processes
- Experienced sales force with broad product and market knowledge
- Technical services including custom formulas and special blending