We can't find any products that match your criteria. Try adjusting your search or filters.
Explore high performance, environmentally safe solvents with Univar Solutions broad range of fatty acid methyl esters
Fatty acid methyl esters (FAME), sometimes referred to as methyl esters are compounds typically derived by transesterification, and are the primary constituent of the biodiesel process. While most methyl esters begin from vegetable feedstock such as soybean oil, canola oil, or palm kernel oil, there are also varieties derived from tallow.
Methyl esters exhibit a “green” chemistry profile: they are biodegradable, produce low volatile organic compounds (VOCs), and are non-toxic. Functionally, they can replace solvents which demonstrate a less favorable environmental profile or exposure hazards. Methyl esters exhibit a high boiling point, good lubricity, and excellent solubility in organic solvents. These versatile products can be used in lubricants, metalworking fluids, agriculture, surfactants, polymers, coatings, cleaners, emulsifiers, solvents, and food applications.
|Coatings, adhesives, sealants, elastomers|
|Lubricants and metal working|
|Household and industrial cleaners|
Univar Solutions is the premier global fatty acid methyl ester distributor:
- Vast network of 120+ wholly-owned facilities with bulk tank, rail car, blending and packaging infrastructure
- Efficient private fleet with dedicated drivers servicing local regions
- Partnership with world-class suppliers offering various manufacturing sites and production processes
- Experienced sales force with broad product and market knowledge
- Custom formulas and special blending services available through a team of technical experts
Questions on this product?
We’re here to help answer any questions you might have. Contact us and we’ll get back to you as soon as possible.