We can't find any products that match your criteria. Try adjusting your search or filters.
Beyond hair protection
Whether you want to launch a new hair care brand or improve the conditioning performance of a shampoo, leave-in product, rinse-off conditioner or colorant – HydroxySHIELD™ Polymer is built for this. The brand-new polymer provides a shield of multi-functional benefits protecting hair from heat, color and damage. HydroxySHIELD™ Polymer allows you to offer consumers high-performing hair care products that deliver healthy hair that improves with each step of the hair care routine.
A novel Hydroxy functional amino polymer that can create next generation of formulations that meet consumer cleansing and conditioning needs. Add it to your next line of shampoo and conditioner to offer consumers an improved performance experience.
Multifunctional benefits to boost “consumer differentiating claims”:
- Strong hair alignment – “Healthy appearance”
- Reduces hair breakage – “Hair protection”
- Enhances Sensory – “Smooth feeling”
- Convenience – “Fast Drying” & “Easy Styling”
- Delays color fadeaway “Color Protection”
- Reduced breakage from heat appliances – “Heat Protection”
- INCI Name: Bis-Diisopropanolamino-PG-Propyl Disiloxane/Bis-Vinyl Dimethicone Copolymer
- Appearance: Clear to slightly hazy fluid
- Active content: 90% active in 10% butyloctanol
- Use level: 1-2%
- Cyclic concentration : < 0.1% D4, D5, D6
- Viscosity at 25°C (77°F): 4000-15000 cSt
- Specific gravity at 25°C (77°F): 0.95
- Flash point (Cleveland closed-cup) °C > 132
- Superior conditioning
- Reduced dry friction
- Improved wet & dry combing
- Reduced breakage
- Long-lasting hydrophobicity
- Fast drying
- Ease of styling
- Improved alignment
- Color protection
- Heat protection
- Non-yellowing in formulation
- Solvent is readily biodegradable
- Improves hair alignment and manageability
- Enhances silicone deposition on hair especially on damaged hair
- Provides soft styling benefit (ie. curl retention) in leave-on formulations
- Ease of formulation – no emulsification needed
- Enables clear products
- Acts as rheology modifier
- Helps increase natural content of formulation
- This product is derived from synthetic, petrochemical, vegetal, and/or mineral origin. Contact with animal derived products is not expected.
- Global regulatory compliance
Questions on this product?
We’re here to help answer any questions you might have. Contact us and we’ll get back to you as soon as possible.