DOWSIL™ 9040 Silicone Elastomer Blend
Showing 2 Results
- DOWSIL 9040 ELASTOMER BLEND, Technical Grade, Liquid, Pail
- SDS View Product Documents
Supplier:DOW SILICONES CORPORATION
Univar Solutions Product No.
Retired Product No
Packaging:Pail (33.07 lbs)
- Sign in to view pricing or request a quote
Offering reliable supply of DOWSIL™ 9040 Silicone Elastomer Blend
DOWSIL™ 9040 Silicone Elastomer Blend is a mixture of high molecular weight silicone elastomers (dimethicone crosspolymer) in cyclopentasiloxane for use in skincare, haircare, color cosmetics, suncare, antiperspirants and deodorants, and wound care applications.
Univar Solutions supplies DOWSIL™ 9040 Silicone Elastomer Blend nationwide. With more than 120 distribution centers, our private fleet, and professional staff, we provide you proven reliability and quality service at every touchpoint.
- Personal care grade DOWSIL™ 9040 Silicone Elastomer Blend
- Compatible with a variety of lipophilic active ingredients such as fragrances, sunscreens, vitamins, and vitamin derivatives
- Clear to slightly translucent cross-linked silicone elastomer gel
- Easy to formulate
- Acts as a thickening agent for water-in-oil and water-in-silicone formulations and silicone fluids
- Slight sebum absorption
- Provides dry smoothness and a light silky skin feel non-greasy
- Enhances the aesthetics of volatile silicones
- Reduces tackiness of formulations
- Quick absorption
- Cold processing
- The stability of vitamin derivatives such as Vitamin A Palmitate is improved when premixed with DOWSIL™ 9040 Silicone Elastomer Blend prior to incorporation into a finished formulation
Questions on this product?
We’re here to help answer any questions you might have. Contact us and we’ll get back to you as soon as possible.