We can't find any products that match your criteria. Try adjusting your search or filters.
Get High Performance and Consistency in Latex Paint Applications
Eastman Texanol™ ester alcohol is the premier coalescent for latex paints. It performs well in all types of latex paints, in a variety of weather conditions, and over substrates with different levels of porosity. Texanol ester alcohol provides the highest level of film integrity at low levels of coalescent, enhancing the performance properties of the paint including, low-temperature coalescence, touch-up, scrub resistance, washability, color development, thermal flexibility and resistance to mudcracking. It also enhances thickening efficiency when used with associative thickeners.
Texanol ester alcohol works well in a variety of other applications. It’s an ideal choice as a retarder solvent for use in coil coatings and high-bake enamels. And its unique balance of properties makes it useful for a variety of chemical specialty applications, such as ore flotation/frothing, oil-drilling muds, wood preservative carriers and floor polishes.
- Coatings – Architectural
- Coatings – Automotive OEM (electrodeposition primers)
- Coatings – Can and Coil
- Coatings – Floor Polishes
- Coatings – General Industrial
- Coatings – Industrial Maintenance and Marine
- Coatings – Industrial Wood
- Coatings – Transportation
- Graphic Arts – Printing Inks (Lithographic and Letterpress oil-based inks)
- Oilfield Chemical – Drilling Muds / Frothing Agent / Ore Flotation
- Reactive Intermediate – Ester Derivatives for Plasticizers
- Ease of addition to latex paints
- Efficient coalescent
- Excellent hydrolytic stability
- Inert – Nonfood use
- Low flammability rating
- Low freezing point
- Low water solubility
- Not classified as a VOC per China State Environmental Protection Agency
- Not classified as a VOC per European Union Directive 2004/42/EC
- Not classified as a VOC per European Union Solvent Emissions Directive
- REACH compliant
- Readily biodegradable
- Recognized by China with “Green Label II” certificate (low toxicity, non-VOC and environmental friendly biodegradable product)
Questions on this product?
We’re here to help answer any questions you might have. Contact us and we’ll get back to you as soon as possible.